Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Wave 125 S Panel Repair

Recently, a friend of mine is asking if i can repair his Honda Wave 125 S speedometer panel that is not functioning. No power, no activity. I said of course. so he handed it to me, and test. Before i opened the said panel, i needed to have a wiring diagram of the model, and here it is.
Although the picture seems blurred when i got it from a site, the color coding is enough for me to know which is the positive and negative line of the supply so that i can power up the board without having is entire bike, and so i powered the panel...NOTHING...no activity.







 My first visual inspection on the parts, i found out that one of the transistor at the regulator part have BLACK marks on its solder...it means it was burnt by a mistake somewhere by the owner on its motorcycle wiring that causes the panel to FAIL..


If you can see it on the picture TR102 solder, has a BLACK mark, so i immediately test it with my digital diode tester, Im not surprise of the outcome, there..the transistor pins are all shorted. in all probe points.







2 comments:

  1. You are stealing my original content on my blog site Hendro Martin, You;ll be sued for all of my post are copyrighted material. Asshole

    ReplyDelete