Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Oil Drain Plug Thread fix

Been quite a while not having to share with works i've done with my shogun..until up recently i have troubles with one of my drain plug getting loose after my change oil routine. Many times, as far as i know, this area of the engine is prone to loosing thread with the removal of the bolt and during the tightening series, and other's only solution was to OVERSIZE it to the next allowable range just to have it fix, then so on and so forth..what if it get loose again, This i dont like to know.

Aluminum is so prone to this problem, especially when the engine is cold. I usually change my oil during morning after firing the engine for 5 minutes, but then i forgot this routine then this what happens.


Anyway, this is my way of fixing my loose drain plug..






The picture shows how the thread was badly worn,







No comments:

Post a Comment